Windows Vista - If during installation
you receive the message "Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies
not correctly registered," then you have run into a bug in the original
version of Vista that occurs if you have turned off User Account Control
(UAC). This is fixed in Vista SP1. The following will get around the problem:
- Make sure NOTHING is running
- Hold down the Windows button on the keyboard and type R. A RUN box
- Type REGSVR32.EXE c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx /u
- Hit OK
- Hold down the Windows button on the keyboard and type R.
- Type REGSVR32.EXE c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx
- Hit OK
Video Problems - In a very small
percentage of PCs the cards will be black or you will see some other problem
with the video. This means that your video driver is out of date. Video
card companies are in a fierce competition and they often take short-cuts
resulting in bugs in their software. The best fix is to install an updated
video driver. You can get this from your PCs manufacturer or from a search
on the Internet. An easier method is to change the video card color depth.
Following is the procedure:
- Terminate all programs.
- Right click anywhere on the screen where there is no window.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Click on Properties.
- A Tabbed folder will appear. Click on Settings.
- Change the color depth (color quality in XP) to 16bit.
- You will need to click on two Yes buttons. You only have 15 seconds
to click on the second Yes button or the change will not take effect.
Crashes - If any of the products
crash, you almost certainly have lost some bits during the download. This
is not unusual as the downloads are very large and is why the products
are also mailed. You can uninstall and re-download. Follow the procedure
in the next paragraph to uninstall.
Uninstall - All CV products come
with standard Windows uninstall procedures as follows:
- In non-XP systems, click on the Windows START button, then Settings,
then Control Panel
- In XP, click on the Windows START button and then Control Panel
- Double-click on Add/Remove Programs
- Find the program that you wish to unload in the list and click on
- Sometimes you will get a message that not all of the program could
be uninstalled. This is not a problem. It means that it shares modules
with other already installed programs and removing those modules would
harm the other programs. Therefore it doesn't remove them.
Not Counting - The most common
question is 'Why are the counts always zero?' There are numerous counting
strategies. Before CV counts, it needs to know which strategy to use.
Select Strategies from the menu. Then Playing Strategies (Simple.) Hit
Attach and you will see numerous strategies organized by author. Note:
Basic Strategy has no counting.
Other Problems - Click on About/Contact
Us to the left.